(pardon the artists' misspelling of boogey)
First of all, be honest, how many of you had this fear as a child? I, for one, did. Let me tell you why.
One night I was sleeping in my bed. In my dream I had an "out of body experience" hovering above my bed and watching me sleep. Suddenly, out of the wall came a herd of GIGANTIC rhinoceros beetles.
These creepy things came marching single file through the air right for my sleeping body. There was nothing I could do. Hovering over my motionless body I fought to move my defenseless self or divert these massive creatures. Unfazed they marched on. Once the lead beetle reached me there was a split second of relief. They stopped. Just as suddenly as they stopped the lead beetle reared back and bit my arm. My body jerked back to life so violently I woke up. Relieved I realized it was just a dream.
As I lay back down to sleep it off I felt a very inconvenient urge. I needed to pee. Suddenly the army of marching, biting, gigantic beetles were a thing of the past...the boogey man was now my threat. The funny thing about boogey men is they are for some reason unable to attack an individual if they are completely on top of their bed. There must be some kind of scientific explanation for this. There must be some kind of built in force field provided by the mattress manufacturer. Being a kid at the time I figured it was like a seat in a car...no one had to tell you it was there...it was always part of the deal.
To this day I still don't understand the scientific complexities behind the built in mattress force field, but, I make it a point to never test it's effectiveness against boogey men and the occasional space alien...but, that's another story...
Be safe, keep your hands and feet on TOP of the bed and inside that force field!


No comments:
Post a Comment